The Princess Is In

Friday, November 04, 2005

Ready for the Weekend

It's been an incredibly busy week at the office. There are big changes coming and things are coming to a head. Basically, the two owners decided to sell (back in August) and my two bosses (the Chief Operating Officer and the Corporate Vice President) along with the Chief Financial Officer presented the owners with a plan to, instead of selling to an outside source, basically sell to the employees as an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program). This has been going on behind the scenes for the past 3 months and almost no one has known (except for a few company officers). A few people have asked me (over the past few weeks especially) if something was going on, but I just downplayed everything. Charlie and Phil (my bosses) know they can trust me completely and discretion is a big part of my job. I would never betray that trust. Anyway, the announcement was made yesterday in a meeting with all company officers and directors and now news will spread quickly through the general population. Informational meetings will start next week for all employees. Everything should be done by December 31st. So... with all the preparations for yesterday's meeting, this week has been hectic to say the least. Just gotta get through today. I know there will be lots of talk and people will be asking a zillion questions... but I've got work to do. =P

I would love nothing more than to come home after work and collapse, but Robert and I have to attend a stupid surprise party for his boss. Lame! He definitely does not have the same relationship with his bosses that I have with mine, so it's not like he enjoys socializing with them. But, this is something of a command performance. An absence would definitely be noticed. Maybe we won't have to stay long... I hope!

Late yesterday the winners were announced for the 8-week online scrapbook contest that I was in. I didn't place in the top three. Yeah, it was a little disappointing. I really felt like I was on my game this time. I was even feeling a little mopey last night. :) But, does it really matter? No. I don't do this to win contests. I do it because I love it. And that's enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie said...

Tanya,
I think you did great! I loved your last layout of Robert, it was perfect!! Don't be discouraged, I decided the last time that I do this for me not anybody else!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You always do great work Tanya. Sorry they didn't see that. Work sounds like its quite busy. Hope that party wasn't too boring :)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home