The Princess Is In

Monday, October 02, 2006

It's Scary Out There

A check at the CNN website a few minutes ago showed a breaking news report of an execution-style shooting at an Amish school in Pennsylvania. At least three female students (and the gunman) are dead. There is also mention of two Las Vegas schools that have been locked down while police search for a teenager with a gun who had been spotted on a high school campus. Last week it was a hostage situation, and ultimately a death, at a school in Colorado. It makes me so thankful that I'm not a kid in school today. What must that be like? I'm also glad to not have children that I would have to send off each day to who knows what. It's a different world than when I was in school 20 years ago. It's a different world from even 10 years ago. Not to say these things never happened back then... but it certainly wasn't three in the span of one week. All I can think is... it's scary out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

It completely is! things like this make me want to pull my kid right out of school and that's very sad. I normally don't watch or read news because it gives me horrible nightmares. but I catch things online and sometimes I check them out. As if the first couple weren't bad enough, this Amish thing was the last straw. I got half way through the story and broke down in tears and cried for half an hour. yesterday was a bad day and night for me. Just awful, my heart breaks for all these families.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is awful. Can't imagine what it's like to go to school and not know what's going to happen before getting back home. We've had three local schools on lockdown since Monday, which is just absolutely ridiculous. My heart just goes out to those families, and the ones who lost more than one child. It's just unimaginable.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home