The Princess Is In

Monday, October 02, 2006

Finally

After almost two months since I posted about doing some design work for a local scrap store... it's finally happening. I had come *this close* to writing it off, actually. I followed up a couple times with the store owner but it seemed that nothing was coming of it. I would be told, "Oh, I have a new shipment coming in. I'll call you to come pick some stuff up when it gets here." But the calls never came. And I didn't think it was my place to constantly follow up and "hound" her. She either wanted some help or not. My friend, the one who kind of set this up, told me Friday night that I needed to go in and see the owner again. Apparently she'd been having a rough time. Delayed shipments, slow business, and family problems on top of it all. So, back I went to see her on Saturday. She was quite emotional and told me that things weren't not going so well (business really is slow) and that she had not called me earlier because she could not afford to pay me. Well, it was my understanding from before (and from talking to my friend) that I'm getting paid with products. I mean, whatever is left over is mine to keep. Hey, I'm cool with that! While I was there she also talked to me again about teaching some classes. Ack! Now, that would actually paymoney. But I'm so uncertain about teaching. It goes back to my worry of: is my stuff good enough? Are people going to show up and wonder "why am I paying to make this garbage?" :-/ I'm thinking about it... but for now I'm definitely designing the sample layouts for the store. Which I'm going to try and get done this week. I so hope her store doesn't go under just as I'm getting started. (How's that for selfish thinking?! Shame on me!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Yay for Tanya!!!!
Scrappy Congrats, I hope this is the beginning of something wonderful for you girl, you so deserve it :)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home