The Princess Is In

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is my dad's birthday as well as one of my sisters. I've always thought it was so cool that they shared a birthday. It sounds so bizarre to say that my dad is now 67 years old. Sixty-seven sounds so old! I mean, geez, it's almost 70. But I so do not think of my dad as old. He still works every day (and we're talking physical work... not sitting behind a desk) and is for the most part very healthy. And handsome, too, if I do say so myself. Tall and slim with silver/white hair. I need to post a pic of him soon.

It's my older sister who is also celebrating a birthday today. She turned 44. The six years between us that seemed like the Great Divide when we were kids hasn't mattered in a long time. She's such a good person and has so many amazing qualities.

So, my thoughts today are with my dad and my sister. One I'll see tonight, one I'll see this weekend. But to both today I say: Happy Birthday Daddy and Tammy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Happy Birthday to them both. very nice of you to post about them, it shows your love :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Dianne K. Nelson said...

It was also my son's birthday (he turned 8) as well as one of my good friend's. It's a great day to have a birthday!

Smiles,
Dianne

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home