The Princess Is In

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Catching Up: Dec 1 - Dec 15

December came and the pre-holiday craziness was in full effect. So much to do! List of gift ideas and errands to run, decorating the house, holiday functions, gift wrapping, wondering who you've forgotten and living in fear that someone will give you a gift and you have nothing for them. ;-) The recap continues...

Scrap Nite with Terri - My younger sister and I love to scrap together. For a while we were getting together fairly regularly at my house but that started falling by the wayside. It was in December that we decided to make it a monthly thing and it goes on the calendar... not to be missed. And we'll alternate her house/my house. On Friday the 8th I drove out to her house and we had a great time. We munched on some Wendy's take-out before we got started (scrapper's need sustenance, of course!) and then hit the scrap room. She worked on a couple pages and I worked on a 2007 calendar/planner. One thing I remember is that it was so incredibly cold that night! When I left her house around 11pm to head home the temp was hovering right around the freezing mark. And for all of you who are wondering what the big deal is: for Florida in early December... that's COLD! :-)

Robert's Birthday - We tend to not make a major deal over birthdays... but of course they still get recognized. Robert's birthday is December 13th and I took him out to dinner and gave him a bottle of Polo (that's all he wears and he was all out - I love that stuff!). He turned 52 which is hard to believe sometimes... he's such a big kid. LOL

Lab Work - I had to go for glucose intolerance testing on the 14th. Ugh! I'm not one of those who is squeamish over blood work or needles, but I must say that I didn't do too well with this one. I had to fast before the test so by the end of the 4 hours or so at the lab it was going on noon and I'd had nothing to eat or drink since roughly 6:30 the previous nite. I was doing okay until the last blood draw. By then I was so queasy and light-headed. Plus I was getting that fuzzy, everything's far away, going to pass out feeling. Yuck! The lab techs kept asking if I needed to call someone to come get me but I said no. In hindsight it was a foolish thing to do, but I drove myself to the office, stopping for something to eat on the way. I stayed until about 3pm and finally went home. That really took more out of me than I thought it would.

Holiday Luncheon - My company holiday luncheon was on Friday the 15th and that turned out so well. It was catered by Sterlings (a local upscale restaurant) with traditional holiday fare: turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, etc. Dee-lish. Service awards are prsented every year at the holiday party - the company recognizes employees for 5, 10, 15 and 20 years of service. This being my 15th year with the company... I was recognized, too (along with several others). Instead of being given a token gift, everyone receives a small catalog of items to choose from (with different options for 5 years, 10 years, etc). I haven't decided on what to get yet... but I'm eyeing a pretty silver ring. :-)

Those were the highlights (although I don't know if almost passing out after lab work can be considered a highlight - ha!) from the first half of December. More catching up from the end of the year to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home