The Princess Is In

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Once Upon a Time


Some of you might know that I took over the monthly Book of Me class back in November when the previous instructor (my friend Kimberly) moved to Colorado (miss her!!!). I enjoy it - putting together layouts with free goodies (lol), getting together with the regular group every month, sometimes sharing a new technique - but coming up with a new theme and layout that wows me every month can be challenging! I have such perfectionist tendencies and can set such high expectations for myself... I really need to learn to loosen up and just enjoy more. LOL Anyway, here's the layout from January's BOM class. I went with a childhood theme and titled it Once Upon a Time. The photo is me at about age 3 and there are tabs that list my favorite things, toys, clothes and books from childhood (not just at that particular age). It was great to see the other ladies in class make a few changes here and there on their own layouts to really make it their own. I love that. I'm so not about copying something down to the smallest detail. Use it for inspiration and then make it your own! Some of the ladies used pop dots to pop up the word TIME, some changed the favorites to tv shows, friends, etc. The January layout seemed to be a big hit (huge relief)... and now it's on to planning next month's layout. The pressure's on! LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Sweet layout and you were such a cutie patootie :)
I love the theme

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home