The Princess Is In

Thursday, February 01, 2007

L*O*N*D*O*N

It's official! Come late April Robert and I will be jetting overseas for a week in London. I am simply beside myself with excitement! I am such a total Anglophile and have wanted to visit England (London, specifically) for 20+ years... since I was a teenager. Whoo hoo! We started talking about it seriously around the first of the year when we started knocking around this year's vacation plans. When we started looking into airfare and itineraries we realized that it wasn't quite as expensive as we had anticipated. So, after comparison shopping through the Internet, travel agents, etc., we ended up booking through AARP (no old age jokes, if you please - LOL). We'll be gone for a full week and will actually celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary while there. How cool is that? :-) As an added bonus, I've done some checking and Phantom of the Opera will be playing while we're there and I think we're going to go ahead and buy tickets. I mean, does it get any better? (In case you can't tell, I'm quite a Phantom fan.) We'll be staying in Notting Hill and I've already started a list of things I want to do and place I want to go: Harrod's naturally, Waterstone's, Marks & Spencer, Boots. And, yes, I've already done a search for scrap stores in London and you can be sure I'll be checking those out. LOL There's so much to do in the next 3 months (passport is already in the works) but I can't wait. This is truly a dream of mine come true.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dannib said...

I'm so excited for you!!! London is wonderful, I've heard. Can't wait to hear all about it after you go!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear and see all about it! How neat that you will be celebrating your anniversary there. :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Cami said...

I'm excited for you! Hope you and Robert have a most wonderful time!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yay! How fun! I'm so jealous of you guys. :o)

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home