The Princess Is In

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Week 5

Monday started Week 5 since my weight loss/get healthy plan started and I'm trucking on along. Sunday night (the end of Week 4) was weigh-in night and I was down another 2.5 pounds. That's a total of 15 pounds! Yea me! =) Robert and Ashley are doing well, too (losing 16 and 13 pounds respectively).

You know, I was kind of wavering last night on whether or not to get on the treadmill. I had done 30 minutes on Monday night and really didn't feel like doing it last night. Yesterday was a grueling day at work (not bad just insanely busy and exhausting) and I really just wanted to kick back last night. Look at a scrap magazine... watch American Idol and House... go to bed early. So I decided to skip the treadmill. Later in the evening I started feeling a little guilty thinking I really should have been exercising instead of slacking off and being lazy. And then I had one of my little 'moments of clarity.' I tend to be so hard on myself. I often get frustrated with anything that I perceive as 'lacking' or 'less than perfect.' And I really need to stop every now and then and give myself a pat on the back for all the things that I'm doing right! Because goodness knows I'm quick to beat up on myself now and then when I feel like I've screwed up. When I stop to think about it, I've made some pretty awesome changes over the last month. I never exercised before... and now I'm on the treadmill several times a week at 30 minutes a pop. I rarely drank water before... now it's almost all I drink throughout the day (I do allow myself to have diet Coke at dinner). I used to truly overindulge in all those yummy but less-than-nutritionally-helpful carbs like pasta, potatoes and rice. Now I focus more on lean meats, veggies, and some fruit and when I do have bread it's a whole-grain sugar-free bread. I'm doing a lot right! Every day I'm making choices that are having a positive effect on my health. And many of these choices aren't necessarily conscious ones since (apparently) they have become habits. Even better! So I'm going to make a point to remember all the good that I am doing instead of focusing on the few things that still need a little work. With 15 pounds gone... obviously I am doing something right. =) And I need to remember that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thats awesome on the weight loss! And yes you need to give yourself a break for all the hard work and changes you've made. If you decide to take one night off you shouldn't feel bad. Your body maybe telling you it needs a little rest as well. You've made some awesome changes and you should be very proud. All of you are doing great!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home