The Princess Is In

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Love My Job

I definitely won the job lottery. I'm one of those rare people who loves their job. And, believe me, I appreciate it. I've had bad jobs... worked for bad employers... I know how good I've got it. I simply love what I do and who I work for. How many people get to say that? I've been with the company for more than 14 years (October will be 15 years). I started as the receptionist, did a short stint in HR (enjoyed the work, hated the HR Director), and have worked for my current bosses since escaping from HR - the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Corporate Development Officer. It was like I landed in heaven. =) The four of us work so well together and are such a great group. Yes, they are the executive officers and yes, I am the executive assistant... but we're also friends and socialize outside the office on occasion. Robert is a crew member on Charlie's 30 ft. sailboat (www.libertycall.net). I've been to their homes... Charlie has been to mine (for Robert's 50th birthday party). Life is good!

One day this week is (or was) Administrative Professional Day (not sure when exactly). Even though I am "techinically" not an admin, I was still recognized and appreciated. My three guys took me out to lunch on Tuesday to one of our favorite restuarants, The Brick, even though it is hardly convenient to the office. We ate outside and had a wonderful, unhurried lunch. Later that afternoon I was surprised by a large gift basket that was delivered (pictured above). It was from one of our Directors who I occasionally assist. What a nice thing to do! The basket is filled with fresh fruit, chocolates, cheeses, crackers, nuts, and all sorts of specialty items. We've been noshing on it since then.

These three men never fail to let me know how happy they are with me and the job I do. And I never let them forget how much I love my job and appreciate working for them. We're a perfect fit and I hope that never changes.

4 Comments:

Blogger sussann said...

How wonderful that you love your job, and that your bosses appreciate you. Lovely basket!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

That is great that your bosses appreciate you. Yummy basket!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Cami said...

Awesome BaskeT :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so nice! Its great to have a job you can be appreciated in and treated so well.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home