The Princess Is In

Monday, May 29, 2006

Disconnected

Today (okay, technically yesterday since it's the wee hours of Monday morning) was such a strange day. I woke up at a usual time for a weekend (seven-ish) but I felt so sluggish that I went right back to sleep. Slept until 9:30 which is so unlike me. Once I got up Robert and I had some breakfast and I got caught up on Scrap101 emails, I decided to do some scrapping. Finished a layout for the current quotation challenge, had my bath, puttered around, watched part of a movie, puttered around some more, decided to read a bit... the day was just getting away from me. By the time I sat down to read it was after 5:00. Within minutes of opening the book I could hardly hold my eyes open. Robert and I both decided to take a nap and I was out in minutes. He eventually got up when the doorbell rang (which I never even heard) but I was out until 7:30 (!). I think I woke up once or twice but felt positively drugged... like it was physically impossible for me to get up. After that I just really felt out of sorts. The day was almost over, I'd done basically nothing, I felt so disconnected from the day - if that makes any sense. We idly discussed dinner but came to no decision, I messed around on the computer and started working on another layout and around 9:15 when I told Robert I was feeling blah he suggested we go out for a drive since I hadn't been out of the house all day. What a breath of fresh air... literally. A heavy thunderstorm had come through earlier and the air just smelled so clean. We put the windows down and just drove aimlessly - talking, listening to the radio. Just what I needed. We were gone about an hour and went to bed a while after that... but here I am up at 3:00. Nothing at all to do with my two hour nap, Im sure. ;-) We have no real plans for Memorial Day... but I need to make some before the day gets away from us again. Even if it's just going over to my parent's house to get in the pool. I don't want another day like today... I hate feeling so out of sync.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

I had the same kinda funky day today. didn't finally get out of bed (other than to get sam breakfast at 9) till almost 3. just slept & watched tv.
Craziness!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well maybe your body just wanted an OFF day and made you rest up :)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home