The Princess Is In

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Phantom

Last Saturday Robert and I went to see Phantom of the Opera again. What is it about Phantom that fascinates me so much? In the final scene my heart is breaking and I'm in tears every time. The Phantom is such a lonely, tortured soul. When he allows Christine to leave his lair with Raoul and resigns himself to his fate of utter aloneness and loneliness... oh, it's heartwrenching. Seeing it performed live is so involving. The actors who played Christine and Raoul were good, but it was the Phantom who truly impressed me. He received a rousing standing ovation. I hated to see it end.

Robert surprised me with tickets to the show for Christmas. I knew we would go see the production, but when the tickets went on sell back in December I told him it was a bad time to lay out so much money for theater tickets right at Christmastime. I figured we would buy our tickets later... unfortunately, once all the best seats were sold out. And then Christmas morning... surprise! I was thrilled! We were down in the Orchestra section... just seven rows from the stage. Fabulous. It was a perfect gift and made another wonderful memory.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

I have never seen this! now was this an actaul opera or a musical?
sorry Tanya, excuse the blondeness :P
glad you and Robert had a good time, what a sweet & thoughful xmas gift :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

Glad you had a great time. What a great memory to have.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful night out. Glad you enjoyed it so much :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

STILL my all-time favorite!! I've seen NY and Toronto and would see it every week from now until my time is up!!! Secret confession: I hated the movie!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home