The Princess Is In

Monday, April 23, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged recently by my online friend Dianne to come up with seven random facts about me. Hm, this should be interesting... :-)

1. I like even numbers. Or multiples of five. If I'm adjusting the volume on the radio or television I would never leave it or 9 or 11 or 17. Always an even number or a multiple of 5. Don't ask me why... I do not know. ;-)

2. I'm a major list maker. It appeals to my sense or order. I have lists for almost everything. Lists of the DVD's we own (we have so many that I keep a list so we don't buy something we already have - that's my excuse, anyway), a master packing list for anytime we travel, to do lists, lists of the Stampin' Up stuff I have (and that really *is* so I won't duplicate)... and it goes on and on. I've been known to invent reasons for lists. It's a sickness, I tell you.

3. Robert and I have been married for almost 8 years (May 1 will be 8 years) but have been together for more than 15 years. When we started dating I had just turned 23 and he was 37. Now I'm 38 and he's 52. I adore him and get positively giddy when I see him at the end of each day.

4. I read magazines from back to front. Again, don't ask me why... I do not know. ;-)

5. I have two sisters - one older and one younger. My sisters are my wonderful friends and are each very different and special. Tammy is 44, married, and has two little boys - my nephews Shane (age 11) and Jackson (age 8). Terri is 34 (well, she will be tomorrow) and is married with one step-son. I wish we all spent more time together but we, along with Mom, meet for dinner on the first Wednesday of every month and I always enjoy that.

6. I have a love of teddy bears. One I have had since I was approx. 4 years old, named Ted (yes, I was an imaginative child - lol). Over the years, Ted had developed a nasty tear in the back of his neck and his innards were spilling out. I ended up stuffing one of my father's handkerchiefs in there. Not long after Robert and I started dating, he came over with medical supplies in hand and actually gave Ted sutures (stitches) and made him good as new. I fell a little more in love right then. :-)

7. I have worked for the same company for 15 years. I started off as the receptionist (at age 23) and am now the executive assistant to the Board of Directors. (There was a short stint in HR but that last only 18 months and I try not to remember it at all. That was a bad period.) I simply love my job and the three men I work for. They are incredible people, I love what I do, and know how wonderfully lucky and rare that makes me.

So there you have it... 7 random facts about me. I don't want to necessarily call out 7 people by name and "tag" them, so if you're reading this and want to play along... consider yourself tagged. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

lol..yes, we are eating those words big time!
(hugs)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home