The Princess Is In

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Friday thru Sunday

A little weekend recap...

I did some scrap shopping Friday night and had fun doing it. My Yahoo scrapbooking group, Scrap101, has a monthly "Diva" and everyone sends her gifts throughout the month. This month the Diva is none other than Danni! I had so much fun picking out what I wanted to get for her... and of course I couldn't help getting some goodies for me, too. LOL I still have one other item to find before I can box it all up and ship it to her but I plan on looking for that during my lunch hour today.

After shopping, Robert and I stopped at The Loop for a late dinner. Oh my goodness, was that ever tasty. I'm not much of a burger fan (not like Robert... he could live off of them) but once in a great while nothing beats a good burger. And that's just what I had Friday night. A Loop n' Bleu with fries and a side salad. So, so good.

Saturday morning I met my mom and my two sisters for breakfast at Village Inn. We usually meet for dinner the first Wednesday of every month but we decided to do breakfast this month instead. It worked out really well. I love our Wednesday dinners but it does make for a very long day. I get up at 5:45am, at the office by 8:00, rush out at 5:00 to make it to dinner, and I don't get home until after 8:00 that evening. Long day. We all had a good time Saturday morning and spent two hours chatting, laughing, and catching up. I love our monthly get-togethers.

After breakfast my younger sister, Terri, asked if I wanted to stop by the scrapbook store on that side of town... and of course I couldn't resist. I ended up spending $60 (ouch!) but I got most everything I will need to put together my London album. I'm going to use the Love Elsie Toby Collection for the London album... I love the colors. Can't wait to get started on it.

While I was out Saturday morning, Robert took my car to the dealership to have the oil changed and then took it to a car wash for a thorough inside and out cleaning... $35 later it looks wonderful. He's such a sweetie. Later in the day he took his car back for the same treatment (not the oil change... just the wash and cleaning). Saturday evening we went to an early dinner (I had skipped lunch since I'd had a big breakfast) at Smokey Bones. We started with some barbecue chicken nachos and oh my goodness were they ever tasty! Even better than my dinner, I think. LOL

Sunday was more low-key. We left the house once to go by Wal-Mart for a couple items and then stopped by my parent's house to help them. They were changing ISP's and needed some help getting set up. Other than that we stuck close to home. I did one layout Sunday night. Used a photo of my nephew Shane when he was a year old (he's now 11). Love the way it turned out... I'll have to get it scanned tonight so I can share it. Then I watched Music & Lyrics (again!) and called it a night.

It was a good weekend... just HOT. Sunday it hit 95 degrees and was humid... just miserable. I think we're in for a long hot summer!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home