The Princess Is In

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Regroup and Refocus

We put our regular Sunday night weigh-in off until Monday night this past week. Got home late on Sunday evening and just didn't bother with it. Monday's weigh-in results: a 2 lb. weight gain. I wasn't particularly surprised. I knew it had been a rough week. I made a few allowances here and there but my main issue was overeating. It wasn't even that I was eating "bad" or off-program foods. But I was eating too much and I knew it. Even too much of the good stuff can be a bad thing. Calories are calories, whether they're coming from ice cream or celery. :-) So, I can't even say that I was too upset by it. I expected it. And I did it to myself. So there you go. Instead of wallowing in misery (lol) I decided it was time to regroup and refocus and make this week a better one. I'm drinking lots more water (I also slacked on that last week - too many diet black cherry vanilla Cokes). And I'm watching portion sizes. It feels good to know that I caught that little backslide quickly and got back on track right away. Yea me. :-) Apparently I really have developed some new habits. I do so many things without thinking now. Drinking water, ordering diet instant of regular soft drink at restaurants, eating mid-morning/mid-afternoon snacks (cheese, veggies, sugar-free Jello, etc.). It's a good feeling. And I need to remember these "small victories" that are making a difference in my health even when the scale doesn't show it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

And you are probably developing more muscle mass from excersising. I think a slow loss is the best way to go

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home