The Princess Is In

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ix-Nay on the Op-Cray


Saturday was supposed to be my all-day crop day. Didn't happen. I was literally walking out the door when the phone rang. Actually I had already got in the car and was about to back out of the driveway when I remembered one last thing that I wanted to take. Ran back in the house and that's when my friend Kimberly called to tell me that she had to cancel it. Lame. I'd been planning on it for over a month. And, believe it or not, after 4 or 5 years of scrapping, it was going to be my first crop. To tell you the truth, I'd much rather just stay at home and scrap here. I've got all my stuff around me, I'm comfortable, I can just do my own thing in my own time. I just don't do crops. But I made an exception for this one since it was being hosted by my friend Kimberly. My sister was going, too, and I figured it would be a fun day. But, it was a no go. I was bummed at first but it turned out okay. Robert said he would buy me a scrap goodie to make up for it... what a guy. =) I've been lusting after the new Elsie Flannigan book but calls to my 3 local scrap stores came up empty. None of them had it in yet. But, the little shop down in Palatka did. So we decided to hop down there (about a 30 minute drive). I found a few things I had to have (some papers, some Doodlebug flowers), Robert bought the book for me, and even a few things for himself. =) I am so loving the Elsie book... but I won't even let myself go through the whole thing yet. I'm being stingy. I'm savoring it. I get to enjoy it longer this way. Yeah, it's goofy, but it makes me happy. =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

oh what a bummer about the crop!
looks like a great boook, enjoy!
and that Roberts is such a great guy :)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

Too bad about the crop, at least you ended up with a cool book. I think you need to hang onto Robert, he is one great guy!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RATS on the crop but cool on the new book and the stuff.. thats never a bad thing. That Robert sure is a good one :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

How much do you love that book? LOL Sorry about the crop, things like that always seem to happen to me, and I have to agree that scrapping at home is the best, all my stuff is around. :)

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home