The Princess Is In

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One of Those Days

Okay, I rarely use this as an outlet to vent... because, thankfully, I so rarely feel the need to vent... but yesterday was an exception. In a nutshell, it sucked. I really love my job and I enjoy what I do, but yesterday had me ready to pull my hair out in big chunks and run screaming from the building. I got nowhere yesterday. I kept encountering problems and hitting dead ends no matter what I was working on. Plus, it seemed that everyone had a problem... and they landed right on my desk for resolution. It was almost 9 hours of spinning my wheels and getting nowhere and feeling more overwhelmed by the hour. I won't go into detail and explain exactly what/who I'm talking about, but in the interest of just 'releasing' this lousy day, allow me to vent:

The new COR G.B. questioned something in the June cost report and asked that it be done differently. Which is, of course, the exact opposite of how it has always been done with H. and C. I wish they would set him straight.

The 0013-07 TMP is so hosed that there’s no telling how long it will take to revise it. I started requesting info from C.B. in APRIL. Then again in May. Now I’m finally getting a couple of the timelines that I need and… they’re wrong. I give up.

I was tasked with tracking down my least favorite person, J., and could not find him. HR does not have a home number for him, I left a message on the cell # someone gave me and but still no call back. Like I even cared if he was found.

E. from purchasing/contracts was apparently cleaning out the supply room and kept coming in here for judgement calls from me/CJ on various items (old coffee cups, old party invitations). Like I had time for this!

Okay, that's it. Vent offically over. Today is a new day and here's to hoping that it will be a vast improvement on Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Hey, we all need to vent occasionaly :D
some more often than others....
hope today is a better day!
Scrappy Smiles to you :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

Sorry about your bad day! Hope things are looking up for you.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I hope you never ever have another day like that..those just suck. Hope your days are better from here on in :)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home